Scrapbook Supply Store

Scrapbook Supply Store
Check out our webiste for ATG 714

Loading your ATG

Our card group was on Studio 5 this morning! Check it out! !

Saturday, January 24, 2009

My childhood summer vacation retreat






I just learned that a historic building in my summer vacation town burned down last Tuesday. This is a picture of the National Park where it was located. We have a family cabin there and go every summer. Pretty dramatic pictures of the burning structure, eh?

It makes me sad. When I walk around town to exercise (and I mean literally walk around the outside of the town) this was on the pathway by the lake that is about halfway. I wonder if they will be allowed to rebuild. It was built in 1911. Here is a link to the newspaper story about it.



4 comments:

susette said...

The first picture is so pretty. Where exactly is that?

Julie said...

It's Waterton Lakes National Park (which is the Canadian side of Glacier National Park in the US).

Nells-Bells said...

what building burnt down? this is crazy. we love waterton. nothing else like it.

Julie said...

It was the Kilmorey Lodge right next to Emerald Bay. I added a link to a newspaper article about the fire.