Scrapbook Supply Store

Scrapbook Supply Store
Check out our webiste for ATG 714

Loading your ATG

Our card group was on Studio 5 this morning! Check it out! !

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

DUMP CHICKEN

I found a website that has a bunch of "dump chicken" recipes that sound easy and yummy. Here is the one I decided to try for dinner tonight!

Spicy Sweet Glazed "DUMP" Chicken

2 tsp. minced garlic
2/3 cup apricot preserves
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
1 tsp. tabasco sauce
1 1/2 lbs. chicken pieces (can be frozen)

Put in ziplock bag and freeze. For immediate cooking: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (45-60 min. for chicken pieces, or 20-30 min. for chicken breasts).

To cook from frozen: thaw overnight. Preheat oven to 350. Empty the contents of bag into large baking dish and bake until juices run clear (45-60 for pieces and 20-30 for chicken breasts).

I doubled the recipe, but NOT the tabasco. I think my kids might not love it that hot. I tasted the sauce and it reminds me of buffalo wing sauce. You could taste the tabasco, but it was not overpowering.

Nutrition information: 277 calories; 12 g total fat; 16 g protein; 28 g carbohydrate; 70 mg cholesterol; 1145 mg sodium.

*Note: I made mine with 0 pt. jam (no sugar) and pulled the skin off the chicken pieces. WW points=thigh 3 pts., drumstick 1 pt.

2 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

So where's the baked zucchini sticks?

Julie said...

Oops! Had a glitch! Sorry.