Scrapbook Supply Store

Scrapbook Supply Store
Check out our webiste for ATG 714

Loading your ATG

Our card group was on Studio 5 this morning! Check it out! !

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Running with Ducks?

I have recently taken up jogging around my neighborhood for exercise. I started walking, but moved to jogging quickly when I realized my heart rate was only slightly elevated at the pace I walk!

About 2 weeks ago, on a beautiful spring morning I was jogging down a neighborhood street when I saw 2 ducks enter the street not too far ahead of me. I decided that if I continued at the pace I was jogging and they continued at the pace they were waddling, they would be across the street and out of my way before I reached them. Well, I don't know if you have been around ducks before or not, but as I approached they started to serpentine back and forth.....like ducks do, and not to continue on in their straight course across the street. I slowed to a walk, because they were a little unpredictable, but kept on going figuring they would continue on their merry way after I passed. Not so! They fell into step with me, the male occasionally getting under foot. I tripped on him once or twice. I turned around and stomped my foot at them, trying to scare them away (you know like you do to a cat or dog that is pestering you!) but they kept coming. I tried to run away from them, but they flapped their wings to sort of fly/walk to keep up with me!

It was about this time I noticed a lady standing on the sidewalk watching all of this, a little further on (with an amused look on her face, I might add!). I threw my arms up and shrugged my shoulders at her, to which she responded, "They're not your ducks? I thought maybe you were taking them for a walk!"

As my little entourage got closer to her, the dog she was walking became interested in my walking partners and began to bark at them, which luckily scared them off a little ways. However, the street I was on was a DEAD END. As I was contemplating how to handle the return trip without picking up unwanted company again, she suggested that I cross the park and continue on another street totally unconnected....which I did.

I'm not sure I'll jog on the same route again, but it made for an interesting morning!

1 comments:

President & Sister Smith said...

Remind me to tell you some time about my jogging experience. I was chased by a peacock! Unbelievable but true. I was wearing red, his feathers were opened and he was in a dead run for me - I believe in dead heat!! If you know what I mean!