Scrapbook Supply Store

Scrapbook Supply Store
Check out our webiste for ATG 714

Loading your ATG

Our card group was on Studio 5 this morning! Check it out! !

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Owee!

Ok, talk about an accident ready to happen! While I was merchandising (a fancy word for "stocking") at Costco yesterday, I sliced my finger open on a piece of steel shelving.


It cut pretty deep and started to bleed immediately. I cupped my other hand underneath it and RAN to the bathroom. I couldn't get it to stop bleeding and it HURT like the devil! One of my managers used to be an EMT, so he doctored me up a little bit and they sent me to the hospital with Worker's Comp. papers in my hand. After a 2 hour experience in the emergency room, I emerged with 7 pretty little stitches on the back of my index finger, and a very subtle bright RED bandage.



I don't know if you have ever had stitches in your finger before, but the worst part of the whole ordeal was definitely the shot! They stick this long needle into the side of your finger at the base...then she poked around a little bit to see if I was still feeling anything! I think she kind of enjoyed it! I returned to work (I was still on the clock by the way!) and helped finish cleaning up before the warehouse opened. Somehow (amazing how news travels!) most of the employees had heard of my mishap and I had to explain several times what the doc had done and how many stitches I had! Thank goodness I have the next 2 days off work, so I can hopefully heal a little bit. At least it wasn't a self-inflicted wound with a box-cutter (I've done that before, too!).

2 comments:

Nells-Bells said...

Oh my heavens! Jul - this looks painful. How long do you have to have the stiches in for? At least you got paid for it AND your job picks up the hospital bill. :)

Ben and Stacy said...

Uh. I like the stitches... I didn't get to see them before.