Scrapbook Supply Store

Scrapbook Supply Store
Check out our webiste for ATG 714

Loading your ATG

Our card group was on Studio 5 this morning! Check it out! !

Monday, September 8, 2008

Smoothies for an after-school snack

Anyone with kids in school is familiar with the first words out of their mouths following a gruelling :) day in class....."What is there to eat? I'm starving!" This is one of my favorite afterschool snacks (and let's face it, midnight snacks, midmorning snacks, etc.). Whenever I have fruit that needs to be eaten....I pop it in the freezer, then add it to a smoothie next time the mood hits! I don't feel like I'm throwing away perfectly good food and my kids get a little more fruit in their diets than they would otherwise (not to mention calcium).




Fruit Smoothies


1- 6 oz. container of yogurt (any fruit flavor) or 1 cup

1 packet of crystal light (for individual drink bottles) the orange is really good, so is the pink lemonade

4-6 ice cubes

1 cup strawberries (frozen or not)

1 banana (preferably frozen)

1 cup milk

1 cup water


Mix up in blender and enjoy. Can add more ice depending on thickness desired and whether or not fruit was frozen. I have also added other fruit (today it was honeydew melon!).

2 comments:

Nells-Bells said...

Oh my heavens. This sounds amazing! I never thought to add Crystal Light. Wow. Going to have to try this. Thanks!!
L-O-V-E Ikea, BTW. Can't wait to get our own place so we can have an excuse to shop furniture there. :)

MaryNSC said...

UMM UMMM!!