Scrapbook Supply Store

Scrapbook Supply Store
Check out our webiste for ATG 714

Loading your ATG

Our card group was on Studio 5 this morning! Check it out! !

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

House Hunting and the Nervy Realtor!

My one and only son, Matt and his sweetie Kelli have been house hunting for a little while now. I went with them the other night and talk about fun! I LOVE looking at houses, but it almost made me want to move....ok, maybe not....but at least remodel or something. It's great to have kids so you can live vicariously through them and not have to experience things AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN......Did I mention that I hate moving! I just love new houses! Well, not necessarily NEW houses, but houses that are new to me! It's so fun to see decorating ideas and color combos.


So, get this! It's 8:45 pm, we are at the last house for the evening. We pull up and there is no porch light on, just a light in a room upstairs that we can only assume is the bedroom. The home belongs to a single guy, and the realtor (my good friend and partner, Gina) informs us that she doesn't have a set appointment time, she had just told them we would come that evening. We ring the bell. No answer. We knock loudly. No answer. She starts looking around for a lockbox. Using the cell phone for a flashlight, she opens the door. She calls "HELLO! WE ARE HERE TO LOOK AT YOUR HOUSE!" Still no answer. I am a little panicked at this point, thinking he is up there in bed asleep or in the shower! Still, we proceed to look around the main floor and Gina decides to go up to the bedroom to find out once and for all if someone is actually home. She knocks (loudly) on the bedroom door, "Hello...."


She comes back down the stairs and says, "Well, the bed is turned down, but I don't see anyone." I want to crawl in a hole!! We skip the master bedroom, but continue to look through the house, moving to the second floor. Kids bedrooms....empty....but he is a single father with shared custody, so the kids could be with mom. Finally we brave the master bedroom....


Bed turned down, lamps on, shoes beside the bed, still don't see anyone....The master bath.....dirty shorts on the floor (how embarrassing!) but nobody home! Thank goodness!! My heart can stop pounding out of my chest now. And thus ended the stressful viewing of the last home of the evening. Kicker is...they want to make an offer. It WAS a great house!!

3 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

Hope they throw in the dirty shorts!!! What a funny story.. Thanks for finding me. Doing well here... See ya around. Maybe in passing during carpool??

MattnKelli said...

Wow! You described that experience flawlessly! I'm just glad we have Gina that is brave enough to go knocking on bedroom doors for us or we wouldn't have even seen the whole house or even dared to go inside! Matt and I were just as nervous about it. LOL

Nells-Bells said...

Awesome!! I didn't realize they would be buying a house in Utah. Looking at houses is tons of fun. IKEA is definitely going to jump in sales because we are planning on a couple of visits. We aren't moved in yet. We close at the end of this month. And then HOPEFULLY we can paint and get new carpet in before we move. We'll see how things go. Congrats to Matt and Kelly!! How awesome to be closer!!!